San Francisco Office
View My vizCard
- California, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1999
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California (J.D., 1998)
- Dean's List
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Semi-Finalist in the Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Vice President and Academic Chair, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Conference Chair, National Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
- Member, Student Bar Association Admissions, Curriculum and Career Committees
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California (B.A., 1992)
Heidi C. Quan
Heidi C. Quan is a Partner in Murchison & Cumming's San Francisco office. Ms. Quan has experience representing individuals and businesses in a wide variety of matters, including areas of business litigation, general liability, professional liability, employment law, landlord/tenant, health law and product liability. Her clients have included owners of both small and large businesses, restaurants and bars, hotels, residential care facilities and nursing homes, security companies, national and international companies, and owners and property managers of shopping centers, commercial buildings and various other properties. Ms. Quan also assists clients within the cannabis industry, as well as those affected by cannabis legalization.
She is "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell and a Northern California "Super Lawyer" and is also a member of the firm's Diversity Committee. As an experienced litigator, Ms. Quan strives to bring each case to a timely and optimal resolution, and avoid the risk and cost of litigation, through early investigation and evaluation. She also counsels her clients on litigation avoidance and handles matters before they become lawsuits.
Ms. Quan is a member of the State Bar of California, the Defense Research Institute, the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and the Asian American Bar Association. She is admitted to practice before all California State Courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California and the Ninth Circuit Federal Court of Appeal.
As a member of the Defense Research Institute, Ms. Quan has had the pleasure of serving as both the Chair of Membership for the Retail & Hospitality Committee and as a Diversity & Inclusion Vice-Chair for the Women in the Law Committee for 2017 and 2018. She has also served as Co-Chair for Marketing for the 2017 and 2018 DRI Retail & Hospitality Seminar.
Ms. Quan is also a member of Women Gro and the National Cannabis Industry Association. She is also a 2017-2018 member of the NCIA Infused Products Committee.
Ms. Quan has authored articles, "Stand By Me…But Do I Need To Pay You To Do It? Employee On-Call and Standby Time May Be Compensable," for Murchison & Cumming’s Winter 2012 Employment Brief and "Outbursts of Rage and Refusal of Fitness for Duty Examination May Lead to Termination" for Murchison & Cumming's Fall 2014 Employment Brief.
As a member of The Junior League of San Francisco (JLSF), Ms. Quan promotes and participates in local volunteer activities to advance the social and emotional health of at-risk youth and elderly populations throughout the Bay Area via direct service, advocacy, and grant-making. The JLSF also advocates on behalf of issues important to our community including child abuse prevention, perinatal depression, sex trafficking and violence against women. She has had the pleasure of serving several years on the JLSF Board of Directors and has held other leadership positions in the women-run organization.
A graduate of Golden Gate University School of Law (J.D.), Ms. Quan was distinguished as a Dean's List Student, Merit Scholarship Recipient and Semi-Finalist in the Appellate Advocacy Competition. She also served as the vice-president and academic chair for the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, conference chair for the National Asian Pacific American Law Students Association and as a member on several Student Bar Association Committees, including the Admissions, Curriculum and Career Committees. Ms. Quan is also a San Diego State University (B.S.) alumnus.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Defense Research Institute
- Vice-Chair, Diversity & Inclusion for DRI Women in the Law - 2017, 2018
- Chair, Membership, DRI Retail & Hospitality – 2017, 2018
- Co-Chair, Membership, DRI Retail & Hospitality - 2016
- Co-Chair of Marketing, DRI Retail & Hospitality Seminar - 2017, 2018
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- Asian American Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- National Cannabis Industry Association Member
- Women Gro Member
- "Outbursts of Rage and Refusal of Fitness for Duty Examination May Lead to Termination" Murchison & Cumming's Fall 2014 Employment Brief
- "Stand By Me…But Do I Need To Pay You To Do It? Employee On-Call and Standby Time May Be Compensable," Murchison & Cumming Winter 2012 Employment Brief