- California, 1971
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1971
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1995
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts (J.D., 1970)
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland (M.A., 1967)
- Occidental College, Los Angeles, California (A.B., Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 1965)
James P. Collins, Jr.
James P. Collins serves as Senior Counsel in the Orange County office of Murchison & Cumming, LLP. Mr. Collins focuses his practice in the areas of professional liability, life and disability, employer liability, insurance coverage, and business litigation.
Mr. Collins has been selected, in the field of Professional Liability Defense, and named in Los Angeles Magazine, as a Southern California Super Lawyer since the inception of that program. Only 5% of the California Bar is given such recognition.
Mr. Collins has been a panelist and speaker for the California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), the Southern California Defense Counsel, and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is "AV" rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Federal Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Orange County Chapter
- The Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Past President (1997)
- Federal Bar Association, Orange County Chapter, Past President
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Matthew Bender's Federal Evidence Practice Guide Reporter, Former Member, Board of Editors
- The Sons of the Revolution
- "Fundamentals of Civil Litigation Before Trial", CEB Program Materials
- "Admissibility of Felony Conviction for Impeachment in Civil Trials", Federal Evidence Guide, 1989
- "Some Hints For The Protection of Your Business' Privacy", C&C's Legal Update, Spring, 1994
- Contributing Editor, Matthew Bender's Federal Litigation Guide Chapters "Responding to Document Requests" and "Dispositive Trial Motion", 1990
- Phi Delta Epsilon