- California, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1986
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, California (J.D., 1979)
- Pitzer College, Claremont, California (B.A., 1976)
Nancy N. Potter
Nancy N. Potter is an Associate Partner in both the firm's Insurance Law and Professional Liability Practice Groups, handling complex insurance litigation, insurance bad faith defense and defense of doctors, medical practitioners, lawyers, brokers and agents for errors and omissions. Ms Potter also handles property coverage matters, including appraisals and examinations under oath.
In addition to her insurance background, Ms. Potter has defended claims relating to legal malpractice, accountants' malpractice, and construction defects. Following law school, Ms. Potter served as a research attorney for Justice F. Douglas McDaniel of the California Court of Appeal. She has used that experience to handle appellate work in both the California courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Potter has served as speaker and author regarding property insurance and coverage issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Volunteers in Parole
- "You're Never 'Fully Covered': Obligations and Liabilities of Insurance Brokers in Procuring Insurance for Their Clients," USLAW Magazine, Spring/Summer 2013