- California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2010
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California (J.D., 2008)
- Intellectual Property and Technology Concentration
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California (B.A. in Communication, 2002)
- Double Major: Anthropology
Steven J. McEvoy
Steven J. McEvoy is a Senior Associate in the Los Angeles office of Murchison & Cumming, LLP. Mr. McEvoy focuses his practice in the areas of business litigation, general liability, toxic tort and environmental litigation. He has handled matters involving premises liability, personal injury, fraud, and breach of contract and his clientele has included wineries and aerospace parts distributors.
Mr. McEvoy served as second chair for a 5 day arbitration representing a California winery in a breach of contract action against a national wine distributor and marketer. He also served as second chair in an elder abuse civil trial in which the jury awarded his 87 year old client $389,000 in damages for claims predicated on fraud, breach of the fiduciary relationship and physical abuse by his client's son.
Prior to graduating from law school, Mr. McEvoy interned at the Sacramento County Public Defender's Office and appeared on behalf of juvenile defendants at arraignments and detention hearings.
Incorporating legal expertise with community activism, in 2006 he participated in the New Orleans’ Katrina “Restoring Justice” Project, assisting with coordination of the Public Defender’s court calendar and interviewing inmates whose cases had been halted due to Hurricane Katrina.