- California, 1987
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, California (J.D., 1986)
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California (B.S. in Business Administration and Corporate and Real Estate Finance, 1983)
Tim M. Agajanian
Tim M. Agajanian is a Partner in the Los Angeles office of Murchison & Cumming, LLP. Mr. Agajanian serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Business Litigation and Intellectual Property practice groups, and Chair of the Toxic Tort & Environmental practice group. He focuses his practice on matters involving business law and commercial litigation, construction defect litigation, environmental law, general liability and casualty litigation, insurance, municipal contracting and government affairs, and business transactions and real estate.
Known for providing practical, hands-on advice to regional and national clients in business transactions and litigation, as well as his ability to work out creative terms and solutions that keep deals “on track” and prevent litigation, Mr. Agajanian regularly advises clients in such industries as petroleum, oil and gas, waste management, insurance and construction.
His business counsel includes advising clients on daily operations, leases, strategic planning for future ventures and growth, new business formation and entity selection.
In addition, Mr. Agajanian has extensive experience handling environmental remediation matters across Southern California, involving Superfund issues and other regulatory compliance concerns for waste management and landfill companies.
Prior to joining Murchison & Cumming, Mr. Agajanian headed his own law firm, Agajanian Law Group, P.C. which he founded in 1988. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Environmental and Litigation Section Member
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys, Member
- Co-Author, "Beware the Pitfalls of Pre-Litigation Investigation and Reliance on the Attorney-Work Product Doctrine," USLAW Magazine, Spring/Summer 2012
- Co-Author, "Behind the Privacy Veil, What E-Discovery Are You Entitled To and Developing Useful Strategies When Faced With Propounding Discovery for Essential Electronic Communications," IADC Committee Newsletter, Business Litigation, January 2012
- "Fast & Furious: The Business Litigation Five-Minute Drill--Effective Use of Provisional Remedies in Business Litigation," Fall 2012 USLAW Network Client Conference, October 4-6, 2012, Washington D.C.
- "Fair Claims Settlement Practices Seminar," First Mercury Insurance, October 5, 2011, Illinois and Michigan
- "Mediation Strategies and Effective Negotiation," Fall 2011 USLAW Network Client Conference, September 24, 2011Chicago, IL
- "Navigating the Private Security Services Act," First Mercury Insurance, May 26, 2011, Chicago, IL